Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 20

I can't believe I've been here 20 days. The past few have definitely been the worst. Not just for obvious reasons, but physical reasons as well. I have gained 17 pounds since I've been here, most of which has been in the past few days. I have to have help getting up, whether it be grabbing the bedrails or having someone pull me. It takes forever. Just in the past couple days I'm having trouble sitting up for any length of time. It just smothers me. I feel like a balloon that was just inflated. My sides stick out past my hip bones. It's ridiculous. If someone poked me, I'm pretty sure I'd pop. It makes being here a lot more difficult.

I'm supposed to have a ''free" day today. Then we'll start tests back in the morning. If I can stand it, I may go for a wheel chair ride today. I'll just have to see how the day goes.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Kerry I remember that feeling and it is awful. I'm so sorry sweetie. It got to the point my stepdaughter asked that if we poked my feet with a pin would water squirt out. I felt and looked like the Blueberry girl from Willy Wonka. I hope you feel well enough to get that ride today. Any time out of the bed seems liberating I'm sure. The 3 of you are in my thoughts always.

Lisette said...

((HUGS))

Nana Trina said...

I am so sorry that you are suffering this awful PE. You are on my mind all the time and in my prayers. Love Katrina

Unknown said...

A free day would sound better if you were feeling better. Have they talked about doing steroids again yet? I just want so badly for this to be a success story you you and your family! I am praying so hard for you!

Saffy said...

Yep, I remember that too. This is gross, but are your lungs rattling when you breathe? That bit freaked me more than being the ultimate dough girl.

And STILL you're pregnant. Girl, you are amazing.

Hugs x

Post a Comment