Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rainy Sunday

What a nasty day. Roads are flooded all over town. Our rental house is flooded. Shannon is over there trying to pump out the water. Our house is fine, thankfully, but it looks like a river is running through our backyard. The day has fit my mood perfectly. I had a rough morning. Sometimes it's not the past I'm grieving, but the future. Just not knowing at this point whether or not it's safe for us to try again and feeling in my gut that that's exactly the case. It's awful.

To get my mind out of the gutter, I got up and rearranged the furniture in two of our bedrooms. I eventually had to stop because I couldn't move the treadmill by myself, despite trying to do so. I would love to do laundry, but the washer is broken - still - but hopefully it will be fixed sometime this week. I may just go bake a big batch of brownies. That usually cures any bad mood. :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I hope you make your brownies. :)

Saffy said...

Kerry, I know that feeling well and it IS scary, no two ways around it.

Brownies are just a delicious fix it :)

Christinie said...

My friend told me when you lose your parents you lose your past, when you lose your baby you lose your future, the past was and has wonderful memories, the future without the chance of memories hurts more. I agree. Brownies are a good fix. I am praying for you!

Maggie said...

Kerry, I know the exact feeling that you are talking about. It has gotten a little better for me, but it still makes me feel guilty sometimes.

Post a Comment